Join Women in Housing & FinanceWomen in Housing & Finance (WHF) is a premiere non-partisan, nonprofit forum for business and policy experts to share their views and insights. Since 1979, WHF has provided outstanding opportunities to learn about housing and financial services developments, network with other professionals in the field, and meet with regulators and other government officials. Click here to find out more about membership and benefits.
If you would like to Join or Renew your WHF Membership click here.
Eat 'til you burst, shop 'til you drop, give 'til it feels good!
Now in its fourth year, Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving. Observed on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Giving Tuesday kicks off the charitable season and provides a counterpoint to the hectic shopping days, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. We hope you’ll think about the Women in Housing & Finance Foundation as you consider a charitable gift on Giving Tuesday. Your contribution supports a scholarship for a promising student at Trinity Washington University. Easily donate online here, or donate over the phone by calling WHF at 703-683-4742.
WHF Foundation November/December Partner of the Month: Open Arms Housing, Washington, DC
The WHF Foundation's Partner of the Month for November/December is Open Arms Housing. Open Arms provides supportive housing to previously homeless women who are suffering from physical or mental disabilities. Open Arms operates two "group homes" in northeast DC, and are now at full capacity in their recently renovated second house.
This second facility, Owen House, has four large one-bedroom units. Open Arms is looking for the following items to provide to their newly moved-in residents:
- Pots and Pans
- Cleaning supplies and paper towels
- Household items
- Artwork for the walls in all four units
Please contact WHF at 703-683-4742 or email@example.com with any questions about the Partner Drive.
The WHF Board of Directors is planning many quality programs in housing, financial services, and professional enrichment for WHF members during 2015-2016. If you are interested in getting involved, please join one of our committees:
- Communications Committee (Rockhelle Johnson, Committee Chair)
- Membership Committee (Courtney Vaughan, Committee Chair and Diana Preston, Vice Chair)
- Partnership Committee (Courtney Vaughan, Committee Chair and Evan Davies, Vice Chair)
- Program Committee (Joanna Shapiro, Committee Chair; Nicole Ehrbar, Public Policy Vice Chair and Barbara Keller, Brown Bag Vice Chair)
- Special Events Committee-35th Anniversary Gala (Anastasia Stull and Heidi Wicker, Committee Co-Chairs)
- 2016 Symposium Committee (Martha Clarke, Committee Chair and Candice Nonas, Vice Chair)
For questions and to volunteer for WHF Committees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-4742. You may reach WHF President Karen Bellesi at Karen.Bellesi@OCC.Treas.gov
WHF wants to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com with speaker suggestions and/or topics you would like featured in future programs.