Join Women in Housing & FinanceWomen in Housing & Finance (WHF) is a premiere non-partisan, nonprofit forum for business and policy experts to share their views and insights. Since 1979, WHF has provided outstanding opportunities to learn about housing and financial services developments, network with other professionals in the field, and meet with regulators and other government officials. Click here to find out more about membership and benefits.
If you would like to Join or Renew your WHF Membership click here.
WHF Foundation Volunteer Opportunities
The WHF Foundation is pleased to announce its continuing Financial Empowerment program partnership with residents of Calvary Women's Services, one of the Foundation's six non-profit partners. Three 8-week sessions are scheduled for 2016 as follows:
Session 1 - March 1 to April 19
Session 2 - July 5 to August 23
Session 3 - September 6 to October 25
Taught by WHF volunteers who have trained on the FDIC Money Smart curriculum, the Financial Empowerment program helps the women gain the knowledge they need to make wise financial decisions when they leave Calvary to live independently. Each weekly session lasts one hour at Calvary, located just minutes past the Nationals baseball stadium and convenient to the Anacostia Metro station. This year, Sessions 1 and 3 volunteers will use the highly successful Money Smart curriculum. Session 2 volunteers will use a pilot curriculum. More information will follow as the pilot course is finalized.
For questions and to volunteer, please call the WHF Foundation at 703-683-4742 or WHF Foundation President Mary Martha Fortney at 703-507-4088 (email at email@example.com).
The WHF Board of Directors is planning many quality programs in housing, financial services, and professional enrichment for WHF members during 2015-2016. If you are interested in getting involved, please join one of our committees:
- Communications Committee (Rockhelle Johnson, Committee Chair)
- Membership Committee (Courtney Vaughan, Committee Chair and Diana Preston, Vice Chair)
- Partnership Committee (Courtney Vaughan, Committee Chair and Evan Davies, Vice Chair)
- Program Committee (Joanna Shapiro, Committee Chair; Nicole Ehrbar, Public Policy Vice Chair and Barbara Keller, Brown Bag Vice Chair)
- Special Events Committee-35th Anniversary Gala (Anastasia Stull and Heidi Wicker, Committee Co-Chairs)
- 2016 Symposium Committee (Martha Clarke, Committee Chair and Candice Nonas, Vice Chair)
For questions and to volunteer for WHF Committees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-4742. You may reach WHF President Karen Bellesi at Karen.Bellesi@OCC.Treas.gov
WHF wants to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com with speaker suggestions and/or topics you would like featured in future programs.